Account Director (1153547)
This is one of the UK’s leading technology, B2B and corporate public relations agencies. They create compelling and creative brand storytelling for some of the world’s biggest tech brands and ambitious start-ups, and they are also part of a group of agencies, made up of a lifestyle agency and healthcare specialists.
They use their experience and intelligence to generate great ideas that get people talking about their brands. They also deliver communications campaigns that build their clients’ reputations within the UK and across EMEA.
At the heart of this organisation is its Winning Minds ethos. Winning Minds underpins everything they do, from how a brief is responded to and how partners are chosen to staff coaching and the people the agency recruits. They are always looking for the brightest Winning Minds to join the agency, helping them to continually challenge clients and the industry through everything they do and deliver outstanding results.
This is an agency and environment where people and ideas thrive.
They believe that everyone plays a part in designing, owning and exemplifying the culture and values of their agency. Why? Because the more we put in, the more we’ll get out. And as they continue to grow, it’s important that their culture remains strong.
WHAT THEY’RE LOOKING FOR
They are looking for a talented, creative and ambitious Account Director to be part of one of the UK’s most dynamic and imaginative technology PR agencies. The role would suit a candidate who has a passion for B2B technology and has a desire to work on some of the sector’s biggest and most exciting brands.
Here’s a selection of some of the companies that have trusted them to build their brands, manage their reputations and deliver award-winning PR, content and social campaigns:
EE, BT, Canon, Google Cloud, Twilio, Apptio, GoCardless, Sophos, Vevo and many more!
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
The successful applicant will join a brilliant team, supporting on a portfolio of approximately four clients at a time. You’ll be reporting to an Account Director and your day-to-day role will require:
- Knowledge of the UK media landscape and good media contacts
- Strong media relations skills
- A talented writer
- Client relationship management
- At least three years’ PR / communications experience
- Knowledge / social media experience a bonus
- An interest in B2B technology
- New business support – to help hit their ambitious growth targets
- A team player – someone that is passionate about working with others to deliver the best campaigns for their clients
- A creative thinker that challenges the norm and approaches a brief with new ideas
- Excellent project management capabilities – organisation and a good multi-tasker
- A willingness to succeed and take pride in their work
- Ambition and a hard work ethic – someone who is keen to progress/own their career
- Ability to adapt quickly and contribute to the team
- Excellent attention to detail
- A confident client-facing account handler with an ability to work proactively
- Good time and workload management skills – must be a strong multi-tasker
- Confident client-facing account handler with an ability to work proactively
- An analytical mind
- Salary £55,000
- 22 days’ holiday, rising to 27 after five years’ service
- On top of that, their office closes between Christmas Eve and New Year
- Birthday Day off – an extra day to be taken on or around your birthday
- Flexible working
- Milestone moments – for those moments, when your best mate is in town, your child is starring in the nativity play or it’s your mum’s birthday, speak with your line manager and request a longer lunch hour or to finish or start an hour or two earlier
- Lifetime hours – on two occasions every month where you can finish at 3pm or start at 11.30am.
- Travel season ticket loan
- Volunteering day
- AXA Employee Assistant Programme – to help support your mental well-being we have a confidential 24 hour a day helpline
- 3% contributory company pension (after 3 months).
- Private health insurance (offered after two years’ continuous service)
- Cycle to work scheme – a Government and Inland Revenue approved initiative,· which enables all permanent employees to save up to 42% on the recommended retail price of bike and cycling equipment
- We offer you the chance to have a free annual flu jab
- Discounted gym membership
- £100 towards supporting your health and wellbeing or learning and development with their LifeTime Allowance – available annuall
- Free NOW – we know how hard everyone works, so when you get home and have the chance to relax, you are entitled to NOW entertainment for free, to put your feet up to
- A full social programme throughout the year, including: Monthly Team Meeting with a prize for ‘Superstar of the Month’, Friday at Five, Summer and Christmas company parties
- Talent Academy – a formal training programme is in place to help employees develop their career and personal development plans
- As a token of appreciation, all permanent employees receive a bottle of bubbly on their work anniversary – enjoy!