Head of New Business and Growth – 1181186
The Yard Creative
Head of New Business + Growth
Salary – Base £75-£85k
Bonus 10-20% on top.
Fancy working with brave clients that want to be challenged?
Our client is looking for a Director of Growth and New Business to continue to drive the business forward and become part of the succession management team. As a boutique design agency who ‘only work with people who want to challenge their sector’ their abilities to see the world differently from others and identify opportunities for their clients, is what drives us. Their clients have already voted the agency as the No1 Naming agency, No2 Branding agency and No3 market research agency in the UK. This role will look to boost the drive to substantially grow the business over the next 3 years.
The candidate will be responsible for building on the current growth strategy and new business activities. They will use their wealth of business development experience to heighten their out-reach strategy establishing relationships with and converting new Global brands, investors and landlord clients to generate sustainable growth and a secure pipeline.
They are looking for someone with a proven track record of successful new business activities to grow revenue in the areas of research, strategy and design (branding and comms, physical design and digital design). Key sectors include Well-being and health, beauty, fashion, F&B, fintech, property and investors. This is a senior position within the business and as such the responsibilities of the Director of Growth and New Business are varied and wide-ranging and are not necessarily limited to solely sales and new business activities. They are looking for someone that is also able to provide support and mentoring to the wider business across all departments and levels.
Roles and responsibilities
This person must be ‘electric’ when in front of both new and existing clients. They are looking for someone that can be hyper relevant, regarded as a sector expert, engage any room and instil confidence regarding their creative credentials.
The candidate must have proven experience of working with the senior management team as well as creative teams to create business development initiatives that inspire and drive the business forward. Activities will include;
- Overall responsibility for business development processes and activities of the company
- Identify new clients outside of the current portfolio
- Build on and action an effective and appropriate new business strategy incorporating lead generation in order to penetrate targeted accounts
- Managing more junior members of the business development team to follow up inbound new business enquiries from the company’s web sites and proactive marketing efforts
- Develop new marketing initiatives, lead generation campaigns and out-reach strategies
- Scoping, costing, proposal writing and presentation for all business development opportunities to a very high standard
- Supporting all members of the team in farming existing client relationships; from identifying opportunities to drafting proposals
- Planning, managing and delivering pitches
- Negotiating and closing business development opportunities
- Build relationships with all current clients and those They’ve worked with in the last 2 years to maximise all business opportunities
- Maintain trusted and valued relationships at all levels of client organisations
- Lead and participate in all business development meetings, calls and initiatives to maximise sales
- Attend and participate in industry conferences, develop and implement thought leadership and represent, promote and raise the level of awareness of the brand, acting as an ambassador of and credit to the company at all times
- Keeping up to date records of all business development activities
- Maintaining all client and sales-based information on the company’s Salesforce CRM system
- Be an active senior management team member, attending leadership meetings as appropriate
- Regular (weekly) reporting on the general position of business development, sales and pipeline to the Managing Director and Operations Director.
This is a client-facing role that will require the Director of Growth and New Business to be able to engage and manage clients in a proactive manner.
There will be regular onsite client meetings that will be planned, managed and run by the Director of Growth and New Business, however, the day to day will be conducted in our studio in London. Our client base covers UK, Europe, Middle East and the US.
This person will work hand in hand with our Current Director of Growth and Expansion who will be based from NYC early 2023.
Who will you be?
You’ll be your own person. Be confident in who you are, stand up for what you believe and never hide what you know. You’ll share everything you know to help others around you grow and flourish whilst be inquisitive to ask them questions back. People will describe your knowledge and energy as infectious. You’ll of course have a passion for what you do (otherwise why are you doing it?!), bring energy to the team and help grow our culture. And you’ll know the creative world. You’ll not bluff your way through, never lie and always have the agency front of mind.
And lastly… You’ll be part of an agency whose profits go towards affecting climate, demographic and economic change. At a time where they’re all telling our clients to have a bigger purpose, they’re leading the way and showing others how it’s done.